Spéirling PURE will now be available to buy in the U.S. via O’GARA Motorsport.
McMurtry Automotive, the UK manufacturer of the record-breaking electric fan car, the Spéirling, is going into full production of its unique hand-built, high-performance track car, the Spéirling PURE.
Concentrating on driving performance, Spéirling’s downforce-on-demand system allows tonnes of downforce from 0 miles an hour, providing track drivers with F1-beating cornering and performance, as demonstrated by achieving the outright Goodwood Festival of Speed record.
The customer version of that record breaking car, the Spéirling PURE will now be available to order in the U.S. via O’GARA Motorsport.
To launch the partnership, the Goodwood record holding Spéirling visited The O’Gara Motorsport facility at The Thermal Raceway in California last weekend (13/14th Jan ’24) for members to learn more about this game changing fan car.
Thomas Yates, CEO: “It’s fantastic to partner with O’Gara who have a strong pedigree in motorsport and with ultra-high-performance track cars. We can’t wait for the first fan car laps at The Thermal Club.”
Parris Mullins, Motorsport Director, O’GARA, Southern California, USA:
“I had the pleasure of witnessing the Spéirling make its record-breaking run up the hill at Goodwood in person, and it was unlike anything I’ve ever seen. We are very excited to be able to offer our clients such an incredible piece of automotive engineering and we are honored to represent the McMurtry brand in the Western part of the States.”
Visit email McMurtry@ogaramotorsport.com for more information.
About the Spéirling PURE – Customer version of the record-breaking Goodwood fan car:
- Downforce-on-demand delivers downforce at all speeds,
with 3G cornering
- 0-60 mph in under 1.5 seconds
- Top speed 190 mph
- 1000 bhp
- Bespoke 60kWh battery utilising Molicel cells
- Twin motor, rear-wheel drive
- 1-tonne vehicle weight
- Carbon fibre monocoque: single seat, closed cockpit layout
- Engineered and built in Britain by a team with F1 and high-performance automotive backgrounds
Spéirling PURE track car objectives
- To bring back legendary fan car technology
- To restore passion for small and lightweight cars
- To make record breaking performance accessible to track driving enthusiasts.
McMurtry Company Objectives
- McMurtry’s ambition is to become one of the world’s most prestigious and long-standing automotive brands, founded on motorsport innovation.
- Inspired by legends of the past, we champion small and lightweight.
- We proudly showcase British innovation and engineering design.